Friday, December 02, 2005

Go Go Samsung~



I have been following the development of OLED (Organic-LED) display since the idea first comes out few years back. When I read about a roll on computer monitor prototype, it makes my eyes dropped, literally of course:p

Recently in May this year, the world leading company in screen making technology, Samsung have made a 40inch display out of the OLED. The technology pioneered allows the screen to be made with thickness of less than 3cm. @_@. The prototype screen has brightness of 600 nit and contrast of 5000:1 and support high resolution of 1200 x 800(WXGA).

OLED display is basically made of single layer of LED, so it is light, cheap, has wide viewing angle, has high contrast, high brightness, high definition, fast response time, no need for color filter, no back light, less heat, less noise despite low power consumption. Sounds perfect huh? :) That is why OLED amazes me so much. Last time I heard that Epson is venturing in OLED also, they use their printing technology to print the OLED organic pixels! omg, the screen is printed on....1st time hear o_O"

The cheap I mentioned earlier is of course subject to time la :p and I will be looking forward for the screen to reach Malaysian market. Although I won't be buying one, but I want to witness the latest power of innovation. Besides that, Samsung is also manufacturing the traditional electron emission television (I guess) but with a new technology, as a result, it only occupies half of the thickness^^ not to mention the lighter weight.

The technology is getting better each day, just hope that it reaches here earlier so we won't get left out in the current of development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home