Monday, February 12, 2007

Erhu DIY.




Anybody know what I built lately? Hm…. A wild guess?...haha, I don’t think you can get it, unless you are having music class with me. Yup, I built an Erhu, something that no body really built it themselves. It gave my teacher and classmate a shock.
It’s not any really sweet sounding, however it played quite well. I plan to change the skin in the future. Here is the picture of skin stretching on the drum and some body parts hanging to dry in my toilet. Can identify the parts? ^^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool. ^^

I hope my first erhu comes out playable... I am thinking of making a cheap one out of a tin can. Can you tell me where you got your schematics?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I see the neck and the tuning pegs and the resonator.

The parts of the erhu (thanks to wikipedia.com):

* Qín tong (琴筒) - sound box or resonator body;
* Qín gan (琴杆) - neck.
* Qín tou (琴头) - top or tip
* Qín zhou (琴轴) - tuning pegs

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home