Friday, September 08, 2006

Got Thief?


The gum at the most end of my wisdom tooth is very painful now, probably is developing an ulcer. I cannot eat as I like anymore now.

Yesterday night is the second consecutive night I has been startled from my sleep. the previous night is because of a loud thunder during the heavy rain.

Yesterday when I was sleeping, suddenly there was a loud crashing sound outside my door, and then I head something plastic fell down the stairs, sounds like an empty soda bottle. First thing that came to my mind is my housemate fell down the stairs. Then secondly may be a thief came into our house. I was standing behind the door, dare not open because if it’s a thief, I would be in great danger, and better to stay behind locked doors. I put my ears against the door trying to listen, but it was quiet.

But then, what if really my housemate fell down the stairs? I thought if it is my housemate, he would groan and curse, but…. What if he hit his head and fainted? Because of my concern, I opened the door slowly and peeked outside. After a while I realized it is the pile of junks piled outside that has fell down. There was an a stack of old newspaper, two casing cover, an empty square biscuit can, and front and back of fan casing and the last thing which went down the stairs is the plastic fan blade.

After about 30secs, yim who stay opposite my room come out with a knife. I picked up the fan blade on the stairs and we briefly put the things aside and we both retire to our room. Then a thought hit me, because of my worry to friends, I put myself in real danger. What if that is really a thief making noise trying to lure people out of their rooms? What will happen to me if that is the case? I realized how much I care for my friends.

To be a friend does not only mean to present visually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home